The kids are growing up and now into double -digit ages. The days of backyard parties with ice cream and cake are over…..but is it? There are so many creative ways to celebrate your tween/ teen birthday party! Sometimes you just need a little inspiration to get motivated. We’ve got teen birthday party ideas for teenage girls that will be turning 13 to birthday party ideas for teenage boys that just want to have fun and celebrate! We guarantee that you will find SOMETHING on this list to host your next teen birthday party!
1.iFLY– If you’re are looking for the unique, cool teen birthday party experience that satisfy both boys and girls, as well as adults, check out iFLY. If you haven’t heard of iFLY, it’s a skydive simulation through a wind tunnel in the center of the building. The team at iFly have parties down to a science.
2. Top Golf– A teen birthday party at Top Golf is a sure winner. Parties at Top Golf can be small and intimate, renting one bay and ordering off of the menu. If you want to go bigger, you can have a buffet style set-up and let the kids go for it. While you’re at it, you may as well set a bay aside for yourself and the other members of the family that weren’t invited to the official party. This is a great coed party, just make sure they stay behind the safety line.
3. Knock Music House– Looking for the perfect place to host a sweet 16 or a bar mitzvah? Knock House Music located in the trendy Virginia Highlands in Atlanta is the ultimate party venue. From the hip ambiance, music and food, your teen’s party will be one to be remembered.
4. Escape Rooms– Put those teenage minds to work and solve an escape in a certain amount of time. It’s a very casual experience for the teens, while working together, and then grab pizza afterwards!
5. Punch Bowl Social– With every popular board game you can think of, Punch Bowl Social has it. They also have bowling, bocce ball, a giant Scrabble and Jenga, billiards, foosball, a vintage arcade and yes……..karaoke. Be prepared for 10 variations of UNO rules from your guests. Located in SunTrust Park, there are other activities that you could attached such as a Braves game to extend the fun.
6. Six Flags/ White Water– A day at a theme park or water park is all day guaranteed fun day for the kids. You’d be surprised how many tweens/teens own season passes, and perhaps you just rent a cabana for the party, buy the food and eat cake. With either park you can wash your hands of having to entertain!
7. Medieval Times– Go back in time and enjoy a fest with the king and his court. Teens actually enjoy yelling at the jeering fans of the other color knights. The girls are all about
snatching catching a rose…..really a carnation, from ANY of the knights. Who wouldn’t want to re-enact a scene from Shrek?
8. Andretti Indoor Karting & Games– We’re pretty sure bumper cars were fun once upon a time, and then there is indoor karting….!! Who will get to the finish line first and compete in the championship round? When they’re not racing, there are tons of arcade games to keep them occupied for hours.
9.Painting Parties– Girlfriend time is better appreciated as your girls get older. Painting and sipping on Shirley Temples is a great way to celebrate a teen/tween birthday. Check out Painting with a Twist, Sips and Strokes, and Living Color for painting party options in metro Atlanta.
10. Bowling– A bowling theme is a great co-ed party. You can rent a few lanes order a bunch of food for the kids, or use the party room for exclusion. Glow in the dark options make it more fun, and usually a DJ is there to make it a dance party in one!
11. Peerspace.com– If you are looking to create from scratch a birthday experience or with an event planner, Peerspace allows the opportunity to shop for venue spaces. There are photos of the space, cost, offerings, and contact information.
12. Skate Party– The OG of teenage girl parties is a good ole skating party. Let the kids dress in outfits from the 80’s and provide them with a bunch of glow in the dark jewelry for them to wear
13. Party Bus– Rent a party bus to take the party to dinner or an event, but we must warn you….there will probably be a pole on board.
14. Bonfire– Let the flames be the entertainment of the par-tay! What a great and cost effective way to invite several guest. The food can be light hor d’oeuvres or pull out the grill and put on the burgers! Have some outdoor games such as cornhole and great music, and just like that, you’ve hosted another successful teen birthday party!
15. Pool Party– “I hate luau’s”…..said no one. An outdoor pool is the main ingredient along with food, music, giant floats and of course a selfie station. The party can be in the middle of the day or evening, whichever floats your boat. When hosting a large number of tween/ teens, be sure to have rules in place for their safety.
16. Karaoke– a karaoke themed teen birthday party will surely bring out the American Idol out of the kids. There are venues that have the setup with a stage, DJ, and lighting or you can DYI and create the experience yourself.
17. Spa– Hosting your tween/teen and a few of her friends at a spa could be just what the doctor ordered. Getting pampered along with lunch or dinner is a quaint, intimate and fun experience.
18. Restaurant or Host a Dinner Party– Make reservations at your kid’s favorite restaurant, and invite their friends. While you’re at it, make another reservation for yourself and the rest of the household. Although they can be picky at this age, host a dinner party. Play it safe with the menu.