Happy, happy, joy, joy…kids are home for a few weeks! As soon as you’re done cleaning the breakfast dishes, they’re asking what’s for lunch! No matter, it’s a great time to have fun and create memories with the ones you love most! You may have to pry the electronics out of their little…or big hands for a few hours to attack this bucket list, but it’s totally worth it! And those of you that have die-hard Fortniters, may the force be with you! We’ve put together a list of things to do over the holiday break, and yes there are free experiences on this list!
1. Christmas Lights– Hop in the car, put on the holiday tunes, grab some hot chocolate….with lids of course, and drive to one of the holiday light destinations. If you’re not sure where to go, check out SGDI’s Guide to Holiday Lights in Atlanta!
2. Holiday Shows- Get the family all jazzed up for one of the many holiday shows or concerts around town. Several schools, churches, and dance studios have budget-friendly performances. Between A Christmas Carol, The Nutcracker, Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer, there are performances to fit every budget!
3. Holiday Attractions– Spend the day at one of Atlanta’s awesome attractions. You can’t go wrong with attractions like the Georgia Aquarium, Stone Mountain Park, Holiday in the Park at Six Flags Over Georgia. These places keep everyone either wowing, screaming, laughing or all of the above all day long! Check out our Green Tent Talk adventure at Holiday in the Park at Six Flags!
4.Visit Local Library– This may be a shameless plug for our recent article, SGDI’s Guide to 5 Gamechangers at the Local Library , but seriously go check out your local library! They make it quite cozy in the children’s area, and the best part……it’s free!!!
5.Dance/ Karaoke Night – Who’s got the better moves….old school versus new school? Pick up the mic or sing into the broomstick your favorite songs, and cheer each other on!
6. Explore! -The Atlanta Beltline, Serenbe Farms, Amicalola Falls are just a few places to explore! You can ride bikes or take a brisk walk which does the body good! And as for the weather…you never know in Atlanta. It may be 37 degrees on Monday and Thursday it’s 60 degrees!
7. Fun Center– There is always that fun traditional skate or bowling night with the family! Or you can really mix it up at places like Dave and Busters and Atlanta’s newest hangout Punchbowl Social at The Battery!
8. Bake-Off– Choose the secret ingredient and let the challenge begin! Now if push comes to shove, and there is a need for a tie breaker, you can always let Fido do the honors!
We hope that this holiday break is fun-filled, adventurous, and lots of time spent with your loved ones! We wish glad tidings to you wherever you go and we wish you a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, and a happy New Year!