Sunday is part of the weekend, but in less than 24 hours you’ll be back to daily grind. Sundays are a great day to explore the city with the family, but you may just want to keep it light! SGDI has come up with a list of easy breezy ideas on things to do and places to go on Sunday that won’t over exert you and bring the weekend to a close while creating memories and strengthening la familia!
1. Piedmont Park – Bring EVERYONE including the dog! Toss the Frisbee, have a picnic, and catch some rays! Be sure to let the kids run through the splash pads!
2. Martin Luther King Center– Stroll through Auburn Avenue, visit the tombs of Dr. and Mrs. Martin Luther King. Visiting the King Center in the summer is the best time to visit. Coretta’s King’s rose garden is in full bloom and there is usually no crowds during this time of year!
3. Serenbe– Drive 30 minutes south of Atlanta to Serenbe Farms to experience a farm to table brunch! There are quaint little shops and little cafes. Rent bicycles or ride horses and enjoy this peaceful and serene place.
4. Braves– Catch a Braves games and smash a few hot dogs! (check out SGDI’s review
5. Atlanta Beltline– Blow the dust off of those bikes, get the family out on the Atlanta Beltline and explore the city!
6. Amicalola Falls– Drive to the waterfall, walk the nature trails, and let the kids play in the creeks!
9. Stone Mountain Park– Climb Stone Mountain as a family and view the Atlanta skyline. Don’t forget to take picture at the top of the mountain!
10. Centennial Park– Let the kids run through the fountains and take a ride, then walk across the street to Skyview and take a spin!
11. Atlantic Station– Shop, eat, play!
12. Callaway Gardens– Rent a canoe, fish, walk the gardens, or visit the Butterfly Pavillion!
13. Atlanta History Center– Take in Georgia’s history, as well as the beauty of the grounds surrounding the museum!
14. Yogli Mogli– Take the family out for frozen yogurt at one of Atlanta’s own Yogli Mogli locations!
15. Garden Fun– Have the family all pitch in to plant and/or harvest in the garden!
16. Poolside: Hangout at the neighborhood pool, or go through your mental rolodex of friends with pools! Places like the YMCA in East Lake have an awesome pool with a slide and a picnic area to make for an relaxing fun day!
17. 4th Ward Splash Pad– Let the kids play in the splash pads, but have cash on hand because the ice cream man is coming!
18. Botanical Gardens– Enjoy the gardens and the cool exhibit Imaginary Worlds, and let the kids run through the splash area!
19. IMAX at Fernbank Museum– Catch an awesome nature flick on a giant screen!
20. Starlight Drive Inn– When the sun goes down, bring a box of pizza (keep it simple) to the drive inn, sit back, and enjoy the show!
No excuses!!! Now get out there and SEE GO DO IT!!!!!